August 24, 2009

Garage wine tasting, and changes

Lots of good news here on the winemaking front. My 2007 homemade pinot noir is finally ready to pour, so we're having another wine tasting in the garage. Date is Sunday, September 6 from noon to 4 or 5 or whenever. Location is my place in NE Portland. Email me at vincentfritzsche [at] yahoo [dot] com for more information. The grapes in 2007 came from the Meredith Mitchell vineyard in the McMinnville AVA. A challenging year, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the wine. Come see what you think.

I'll also pour a barrel sample of my homemade 2008 pinot noir from the Zenith vineyard in the Eola-Amity AVA. This wine should be terrific when I bottle it next spring, the last of my homemade wine.

Yes, it's finally true. This fall I'm launching my own commercial wine label, name to be determined. I'm crushing 3.5 tons of pinot noir from two different sites in the Eola-Amity Hills, including Zenith, and making the wine at the Portland Wine Project in industrial NW Portland. I'm tremendously excited and a bit anxious about it all. I'll be blogging the whole adventure, so stay tuned this fall and beyond for that. Of course I'm putting together a mailing list, so let me know if you're interested in getting on that.

We'll also be celebrating the launch in the garage on September 6, so come on down and give me input on what to name my wine. It's a casual, drop in thing, but let me know if you're coming if that's possible. I'll also be pouring a few other things from my cellar, selections depending on the weather. Feel free to bring something as well.

1 comment:

Andy Perdue said...

Vincent, this is terrific news. I look forward to the launch!

Andy