August 26, 2009

More on the garage wine tasting

Wow, there's been lots of interest in the garage wine tasting a week from Sunday. Lots of friends, of course. And, once again, people I've never met. Some with friends and acquaintances, others who read this site and have bravely written to see if they can come. Yes, by all means.

In addition to the 2007 and 2008 Vincent wines, I mentioned I'm going to pour a few extra wines. We'll see what makes the most sense for the day's weather. There will be sparkling wine no matter what. Definitely some other local pinot noir, maybe a burgundy, a local gruner veltliner, who knows what else.

If it's not too warm, I have a 2002 Masciarelli Trebbiano d'Abruzzo Marina Cvetic. The grapes were apparently unaffected by the severe rains, and I've heard this white wine is big, barrel aged and somewhat oxidized in style. I honestly never know when to open such an oddity. Why not now?

So the tasting should be fun. Comment and let me know if you're interested. My place, the afternoon of September 6.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Save a spot for me Vincent-I'll be there!

Vincent Fritzsche said...

Ruben, that's great. Glad to hear from you.