May 24, 2010

Garage tasting aftermath, part 1

Wow. Our 3rd annual garage wine tasting yesterday was the biggest and best yet. Sixty to 70 adults, maybe more. I stopped counting after Jennifer and I washed dozens of the used wine glasses as newcomers kept arriving. I had 36 to start with but that clearly wasn't enough. Lots of kids too, which is always great. My own kids have helped punch down, press and bottle my homemade wines, so of course we like kids around. I'll post a complete review of the event, along with excellent pictures from PDXploration that you can see in collage by clicking that link.

For now, my own shot of a 4-year old Martin pressing the 2007 Vincent Pinot Noir Meredith Mitchell Vineyard on the driveway nearly three years ago. He was really into it, and while I won't let him operate the mechanical press at the winery for a long time, it might come sooner than I think. This is what it's all about.

2 comments:

Paul Cunningham said...

Wait... I didn't know there would be Jamon! Wish I could have made it, looking forward to the next tasting.

Paul

Portland Charcuterie Project said...

Vincent:

Thanks again for the invitation, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Your Pinot and my charcuterie might make us welcome guests at many good parties!!