May 03, 2010

Garage tasting May 23, and yes, you're invited

Regular readers should know my story by now. I've been a home winemaker for several years in Portland, OR, but with the 2009 vintage I'm starting a commercial label for my Oregon pinot noir. Along the way I've worked several harvests in commercial wineries and devoted myself to making commercial quality wine at home, in part to enjoy the product and get feedback from family, friends and even blog readers, in part to prove to myself I could make good wine consistently. I'm happy to report success on all fronts.

So, as we've done for the past few years, I'm holding one more tasting of my homemade wine out in my garage where the wine has been made, aged and bottled. When? Sunday, May 23, from noon to 5pm. Why? To have fun and to share what I've been doing out in the garage with anyone who's interested and civil. (Not that civility has been a problem at past tastings, but when throwing the doors open to the world, I figure it's worth mentioning.)

Yes, you can come! You can even bring friends. All I ask is that you let me know you're coming and I'll give you my address and answer any other questions you have. We've had dozens of people at past tastings and it's fun to see old friends, newer friends, friends of friends, even complete strangers who read the blog and get up the gumption to email me and show up, all to taste wine and have some fun.

This year I'll be pouring my recently bottled 2008 Vincent Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard. I'm very happy with the wine and think you'll like it. It's a great way to close out my home winemaking career before the 2009s and beyond hit local store shelves and restaurants. There will be a sneak preview of those '09s.

As usual, I'll open a few other fun things including some bubbly to make sure we've properly festive. I think it might make sense to revisit the 2006 Vincent Pinot Noir Wahle Vineyard from magnum to see how that's aging.

There is no charge but I will gladly sign you up for my mailing list if you're not already on it. The first offer of 2009 wines will go out this summer with bottling in September and release in time for Thanksgiving

In the meantime, come on down for the swan song garage tasting. Come into the garage through the out door, let your presence be felt. It's sure to be a celebration day, friends. Thank you.

4 comments:

Portland Charcuterie Project said...

Sweet.

Count me in.

I've always wanted to make wine in my garage, but I converted it to a mancave and sadly don't have the room between the entertainment system, kegerator, freezer, and cured meats curing chamber.

Please send me the info and I'll be there.. bringing you some good stuff from the PCP!

all the best.

Vincent Fritzsche said...

Now that's a good RSVP. Please bring samples.

As for the mancave, that's the direction I'm going now that the garage won't be for winemaking. As of 2009, that's all in the winery. I hear you about not having room, but it sounds like you're doing well as it is.

Unknown said...

Can't beat that RSVP, but I'd love to also drop by, say hi and taste your wines. Exciting to see more and more Portland urban wineries popping up - a bandwagon I hope to enthusiastically jump on myself before too long.

Vincent Fritzsche said...

Nate, email me at vincent.fritzsche @ gmail . com. Take out the spaces of course. I'll give you the address. Come on over.